12 August 2013

On the Right Path...

Another happy day here in Nova Scotia...



It is difficult for me to describe how different I feel knowing that I am where I know I should be. I have an inner contentment. Stress is non-existant. Not that my life isn't stressful - I mean, my husband and I are both unemployed and the bank account is very quickly dwindling away to nothing - but I feel good. 


I have been walking a lot lately - feeling the breeze, enjoying the sun and just being with my family. 


I have loads to do - but I have not felt stressed at all. 


For those who have been around me over the past three years you know how strange that is. I have been constantly frazzled - I feel like I have aged at least a decade. But, coming here has been a big sigh of relief. 


I am not oblivious to the challenges that lie ahead but I feel prepared to handle them. I feel like I am on the right path. 


I feel lighter, happier, more optimistic...basically, completely content. It has been awhile since I have felt so good.


The best part is I can feel a change in my family too. I don't know if it because I have changed or because our situation has changed but it is good. (my 8 year old is feeling very proud of his bicep and is loving showing it off - posting it for the world to see will give him great pleasure and I am trying to be a  supportive mom!)


The boys have been LOVING it here. 


They are really enjoying all of our explorations. 


And my girl...is growing up so fast. Life isn't always perfect for her - having three younger brothers is not always a 13 year old girls ideal - but I have less of her hiding away with her iPod and


more joining in on family explorations as I give her more independence - SO hard to do! But, I really am trying to allow her more freedoms and to step back a little more. As I do, I notice small changes. And while the early teen mood swings are still there...


I am seeing more smiles and hearing more laughter...


which makes us all happier. I am so grateful to be able to follow the path I know I need to be on and thankful for everybody who has supported me in my decisions. I am so happy to have these experiences and to be given the opportunity to learn and move forward. I am putting the finishing touches on my next step and am really excited for what is coming up in September!


Hopefully everything works out for all of us here. I do know that we are headed into another very busy year full of changes and new experiences and I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment