08 August 2013

A few snapshots of Halifax, Nova Scotia

Since my daughter and I are the only girls in a house with four men - well, technically one man and three eventually will be men -  we think it is only fair that once a year we take a girls day - or two if we so desire.

This year my daughter decided she wanted to go hang out in Halifax.


Secretly - or maybe not so secretly - I was hoping for a day in Prince Edward Island having an Anne of Green Gables day. I still haven't actually been inside green gables and I would like to see Anne of Green Gables the musical. There is also the Lucy Maud Montgomery museum, Matthew's carriage ride and Anne and Gilbert - also a musical. But, I am afraid that my window of opportunity for having an Anne day as a girls day has closed. Maybe in another decade or two... or I may just have to go alone on that one.


We thought we would pop into one of the restaurants that we read about in "You gotta eat here" - Boneheads BBQ. 


There was so much food. I think we could easily have fed our entire family off of this plate. I felt really bad leaving so much behind; but, I don't think I have ever been so full in my life. Really good. The pulled pork was awesome!

I let my daughter choose what she wanted to do so we spent some time at the mall and at our favourite store to linger for hours in...


one thing we really have in common is a love of books. We could spend all day in this place. We spent the day window shopping and just enjoying being together. We wandered a few streets, shared a few laughs...


...and we made a few friends...(we have an odd sense of humour in our house).


I even was able to be the annoying mother a few times...like when I have a Cliff moment and share random bits of trivia...


like about this ship - the Acadia - the only ship to have seen active duty in both world wars...I did make her laugh as a harbour hopper passed by just after I shared my wisdom and the tour guide basically quoted me. My daughter informed me I missed my calling in life. Apparently I tour guided myself across the country giving her all sorts of useful information...maybe a new career is in my future...


and just because we were in Halifax - my daughter insisted that we get fish and chips. I didn't think I would ever be able to eat again...


No comments:

Post a Comment