10 August 2013

Feeling the Love this Week-end...

Lately, we are feeling more like locals and less like tourists - and it has been raining off and on this week-end - so staying home and having some family time sounded like the perfect thing to do.

Friday evening we went for a family swim at the YMCA - there was us, and one other kid in the pool so maybe we are not quite like the locals - then we came home, made pizzas and had a movie night. I love being able to relax and spend time with my family. It feels like it has been a long time since we were able to really relax and do that. 

This morning I had the absolute luxury - for the first time in forever - to wake up just because my body wanted to. Seriously, I almost couldn't believe it. It was about 7:15... nobody else was awake... and I just woke up... actually feeling rested. I think I am still in shock. This is the first time in months that I haven't woken up exhausted and feeling like I could go back to sleep for another week and one of the few time ever that I haven't been woken up by one of my kids. Crazy! There is hope that one day I may actually live the life I imagine for myself.

Anyway... today I decided to have a relaxing day. Just because I could.  Before lunch me and all my boys went for a walk around the neighbourhood and I thought I would share a bit of what I saw...






Our neighbourhood has some beautiful houses. I always love walking around looking at the architecture...


Today, I was loving the brick...


and stone.


Some of the neighbours are starting to get their wood ready for winter - lots of people around here heat with wood - it made me think of how quickly the summer is passing. And when I looked around at my boys they looked so big. 


Time passes so quickly. 

I realized that I need to spend more time just enjoying the everyday moments with them.


I am thankful that this little guy- although getting so big - still has a long way to go before he grows up. I need to remember to give him time to be young...


and enjoy all the things little boys love. I love watching the curiousity in their faces. My boys have taught me so much about the joy of exploration. I am so thankful that I had three of them. I think I really needed those daily reminders to look around me and find beauty in the little things. I am very blessed.


And I love that I can - sometimes - still outlast my kids. I feel so happy today. Just look at them - how could this not make a mama happy? I love my boys - all four of them.

And because I was feeling a little sad that my girl didn't want to come on our walk - shocking I know. 

(Why wouldn't an almost 14 year old want to go for a walk with her family around the neighbourhood? I no longer can entice her with a visit to the park. The chance to stay home alone in a quiet house is just too tempting these days.) 

Since I was feeling the love when we came home I decided to make my girl her favourite lunch... 



so yummy...


Hope your week-end has also been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment