26 February 2011

antique sale

Yesterday afternoon my mother so graciously offered to watch all four of my children so my husband and I could have some time together to go and see the local museum's annual antique sale. Neither of us had any money this week and she was maybe the wiser as she decided she would rather not see what she could not buy. I decided I wanted to go and see it anyway...

We "window shopped" the afternoon away and enjoyed ourselves very much. Although a few tables were a little painful to walk by. Two booths in particular made my heart ache... (no pictures...too many people shuffling along a little like cattle)

Two booths covered with vintage kitchenware...butter molds and churns, baking pans, manual egg beaters, depression glass, floral frogs, canning jars with glass lids and some really cool old wool carding equipment ( I also LOVE wool and sheep)...sigh...

I loved seeing all of the beautiful old items together. Even though I am a little (or more than a little) monetarily challenged, I did mangaged to buy a few small items...


A really cool Canadian history book published in 1915. It is actually a school text written for 10 to 14 year olds. I love reading history from a different point of view. The last chapter is about Canada's future; it will be interesting to read what that looked like less than 50 years after confederation. At only $2 I really couldn't walk away.


and a really cool brown transferware turkey plate by the Johnson Brothers for $5. I don't know how old it is...but I don't have a turkey plate yet in my transferware collection...

Even though I didn't get to buy EVERYTHING I wanted. We had a great afternoon wandering the aisles upon aisles of antiques hand in hand, spending time together...and I did get to bring home a few treasures.

Now I am off on a little road trip...me and the girl...my parents...sister in law and nephew....be back Monday...Have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment