21 July 2012

Saturday Mornings...

I love Saturdays.

We try to spend our mornings doing something fun as a family and then having a relaxing afternoon.

Today we hit one of our favourite trails for a morning hike...


I love hiking with my family.


This time of year, everything is pretty dry and brown, but the views are always beautiful.


I love exploring the same trails in different seasons and seeing how things change.


I love talking with my kids about what is growing, blooming and surviving.


I love that I get to exercise and spend time with my family at the same time.

The kids particularly enjoy this hike; because, this is where the trail ends...


After hiking for close to two hours a swim in the lake is always a good idea...


With four kids ranging in age from five to twelve and a half it is always difficult to find activities that everybody likes to do. Especially since my oldest is my only daughter and her three younger brothers like to claim the rights of the majority as often as they can. I love that going for a hike is something we can all do together and that makes us all happy... from my youngest child to my oldest...


As I watch my kids having fun together, I find myself wishing that all of my days could be spent with my family...just enjoying each other's company.


No comments:

Post a Comment