19 July 2012

Raspberry Pavlova

What does one do with the last small bowl of raspberries and four people to share them with?


Make Pavlova!


Confession: I have only made pavlova once before this summer.

I have no idea why. 

I've made it twice in the past few weeks. 


Pavlova is so easy to make. 

I mean really easy. 

I put two egg whites in the mixer bowl and whipped to a froth, then slowly added 1/2 cup of sugar. When they were whipped and glossy white I scooped spoonfuls onto a silpat lined baking sheet. Then, they were popped into a preheated 200 degree F oven for two hours. Once they were done baking -don't let them brown - I pulled them out of the oven and left them on the cookie sheet to cool.

Once cool, I whipped up some Chantilly Cream (whipping cream with a bit of sugar and vanilla) spooned some onto each meringue and added a few berries. So easy. So good. And the berries were divided equally between the five of us. My daughter will be so jealous when she gets back from camp...


If you haven't tried making pavlova yet (unless I am alone here in my previous pavlovaless life) I definitely recommend it. It takes some planning ahead, but very little hands on time. 

Tart, sweet, fresh berries...luscious whipped cream...and crunchy, chewy melt-in-your-mouth meringue...delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment