29 November 2010

sunday afternoon

yesterday was such a beautiful day we decided to take a family walk.



I decided to bring my camera and play around with it. I thought I would share a few photos.



I had some fun playing with the macro setting



the sun was shining beautifully and it wasn't too cold so we all bundled up and went down the driveway.



we headed out onto the road and I quickly became distracted by what was left of the plants on the side of the road.



As the kids ran down the road or (as one or two) sat down on the side of the road to wait...


I really began to notice how beautiful winter is.


In the past I never enjoyed winter.
I was always cold.
The roads were slushy.
snow pants, boots and winter coats were. not. cool.

Now that I am getting a little older I am really appreciating the seasons.

And I am noticing as I have been beginning to look at things through the lens of a camera;
 I am noticing beauty in the smallest things.




Things that previously I would not have noticed or would have considered ugly
 now have a natural beauty for me.




I have discovered that a good coat, snowpants and warm boots make winter wonderful.

Being warm completely changes my perspective.


While I used to wake up to the first snow of the season and scream (and that is a literal comment).
I now smile and appreciate the peace and beauty winter brings.



As a mother I also enjoy watching how happy the snow makes my kids.



I had fun taking dozens of photos of my kids...although I still didn't end up with one with all of them looking at me at the same time.

I am beginning to think that is an impossible feat.

The funny thing is, the more I play with my camera I have discovered that some of my favourite pictures don't include their faces at all...



I never would have thought ten, five or even two years ago that I would learn to love simple objects in nature...


but I have.

And if you would have told me anytime during the last twenty years that one of my favourite activities would be long walks in the snow, I never would have believed you.


Isn't it funny how things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment