1. I love our exchange student. She is wonderful. I am so happy that we have somebody who isn't freaked out by the craziness that is our family and someone who doesn't add to the craziness either. So far the experience is perfect.
2. I love photography school. The only downside is my weeks go by SO fast. I mean freakishly fast. And since this is the beginning and we are learning everything from the beginning, photography has become a little more difficult. (If you are familiar with photography - we have to keep the camera on P setting and can only adjust the ISO). But, I love it and I am learning so much. This is a sample from my homework this week-end. We are just starting landscapes. This is actually portrait style rather than landscape - but I hope it works. I liked it anyway. We are working on framing and ISO, so that is all we are allowed to play with right now.
3. I love being out of the house. I feel a little guilty saying that because I do really love being home with my kids. But, I have been home with my kids for fourteen years. It is really fun to get out and talk to other adults. Although, everyone in my class is closer to my kids' ages than to my age. But, it is still nice.
4. I am learning a lot about time management in the kitchen. Being out of the house has brought some new challenges in the kitchen. But, I am loving coming home and making a meal for my family. I am learning to appreciate it even more than I did before. (I can't wait to get some extra income so I can really start playing around in the kitchen...and with extra photography skills too!)
5. I love how we are all learning to juggle our schedules a little better. My husband is learning to do the school runs in between working. The kids are learning how to help out a little more. I am learning how to juggle two batches of homework everyday ( I still haven't finished my last degree...although I am really getting close now), helping five kids with homework instead of four, being out of the house all day, and still finding time for my hubby, the kids, church, chores and everything else that needs to get done around here.
I am hoping that soon I will finish my last batch of classes for my BA degree freeing up a little time and energy and that I will be able to find a little time to relax...somewhere in there. If not...I should have my time management skills perfected by the end of the year.
6. I love that life continually brings changes and learning experiences. I always feel like I am growing and learning and ever so slowly improving.
7. I love that I have the opportunity to create a life for myself. Although I am limited by time and money I can still constantly move forward and I think I love that most of all.