20 May 2011

Apple Blossoms

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the apple trees are in full bloom...


I love this time of year...the weather is perfect (not too hot)...and being in a fruit growing area, there are blossoms everywhere...


I love standing under the apple trees and enjoying the colours: the green, white and pink contrasted against the blue sky...


But, my favourite thing about standing under the apple trees is listening to the humming of the bees...


the trees are full of them...


I love getting up close and seeing the pollen collecting on their little legs...


and knowing that there have been great losses of bees in many areas...I am grateful to see them here, busy at work...


My mother's ornamental cherry is also in bloom and the blossoms are spectacular...


So, for the past few days I have been soaking in the sunshine and blossoms...


and enjoying a lovely visit with my aunt and uncle from the west coast and cousins from England.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment