11 June 2010

life changes


Well...my mind has been all over the place lately. So many thoughts and questions and ramblings that I haven't quite known what to do with myself, my hubby has been in Prince Edward Island for two weeks working on an art project and I have been at home hanging with the kids and doing homework. The past few weeks have been challenging as I have had so much on my mind and no one here but my kids to talk to. I miss my husband. Luckily I have an amazing sister across the country who has called a few times to check up on me, knowing I am without adult conversation. I love my sister, what would I do without her.

My thoughts have been all over the place as a few weeks ago we decided that after two years on the beautiful east coast of Canada...

















We have decided to leave. We will really miss it. As I look over the photos from the past two years, my first thought is I can't believe how much the kids have grown and my second is we have had so much fun! Nova Scotia is a beautiful place (and so is New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island) and we have been so lucky to have been able to spend two years here.

There are so many things we have been able to do and see and we will really miss our maritime summers; our time here will be such a good memory for our family. But, it is time for us to move on, to continue to move forward. For us, for now, that means ROAD TRIP!!!







woohoo!!!

We are so excited! Now, for many the thought of ten days with four kids driving over five thousand kilometres is not cause for excitement. But, I am a big believer in getting there is half the fun! Driving across Canada is a road trip at its finest. Driving across Canada is something I have always wanted to do (sorry Newfoundland I am not skipping you out intentionally). Now, I get to take my second trip (most of the way) across Canada. I am excited. My hubby, the kids and I all had an amazing trip last time. We learned SO much and had so many surprises learning about our Country: it is REALLY big (can I repeat that? REALLY big!) and we have a very SMALL population. tiny.  It is almost overwhelming. But, Canada is truly beautiful. It is amazing. I encourage everyone to take a little drive across this amazing Country. What an experience and I get to do it again!!! How lucky am I?


So, now I need to get back to my books (my courses end at the end of July) and I also need to start figuring out what we are going to bring with us and what we will leave behind in this corner of the world. On to the next segment of our journey. I have no idea where we are going yet (other than British Columbia) but I am enjoying the process of figuring out what is best for our family and I just keep my eyes focused on the future while enjoying the present. Isn't life great!

No comments:

Post a Comment