07 November 2013

and Exhale...

I have finally -FINALLY-finished my bachelor's degree.

I have had a few days to catch up on some family time and some photography schoolwork - although I am still a little behind.


I have been working on portraits, which I find difficult.


I am used to taking pictures of my kids while they are running around. This kind of photography is so much slower and really hard for me. I really have to learn to slow down and think before taking the picture. I am hoping that with my other courses done and my stress level lowering that I will be able to relax a little bit and just enjoy the process.


I've done some pictures around town and a few more landscapes. I went out early one morning to get better light. I love the early morning light…I just need to learn to love getting up extra early.


The October holidays went by so fast. We had a great Thanksgiving…and the kids had fun on Hallowe'en. I missed out on a lot of Hallowe'en as it was my final day of class and I was writing my last essay. But, I don't think anybody missed me too much. The boys went trick or treating and filled their bags with candy. I don't usually let them get so much so I think they may have been happy that Dad was in charge this year. 


My husband has been really busy building a dining room table and a wall of bookshelves. He is trying to get the living room put together - I am hoping before Christmas everything will be finished. A couple of the missionaries from our church have been helping in their spare time. We are very grateful for their help. 

I am really happy this month and completely exhausted. I think it is going to take me a few weeks to figure out my new routine. I feel a little strange not having any essays to write! I feel like I am heading into a new chapter of life and I am really excited to see what is going to happen next.


No comments:

Post a Comment