27 March 2012

Looking for Spring...

I think...dare I say...that spring may actually be coming.

We had a beautiful week-end and the snow is finally melting.


Friday, the hubby and I decided to take our kids and two nephews on a hike. What started out as an hour long hike turned into four.


We had such a great time being outdoors, enjoying the sun, and spending time together. We usually only see our nephews when they are with their parents and siblings; it was really nice having some alone time with them so we could get to know them better. 


We had fun hanging out and burning off energy and I enjoyed having an excuse to play with my camera.


I love looking at things up close, through the lens of my camera.


Using the camera I am always more observant. I  notice things I wouldn't have looked at without it and I am able to see beauty all around me. 


When I take time to play with my camera I find that I have a more optimistic attitude and I am able to find pleasure in small things. 


I need to remember that and take more time to play, enjoy life's simple pleasures. All that serious/stressful stuff will still be there when I get back; but, I will be able to look at it with a different point of view.


And I think it is all about point of view. As my son (and monty python) likes to say... "always look on the bright side of life". And what I have been learning over the past few years, is that there is always a bright side...sometimes we just have to go looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment