10 November 2011

Autumn in Vancouver


For some reason I am having a really hard time adjusting to our new life in Vancouver.


I don't like the traffic both in vehicles and pedestrians or the extremely busy schedule we have had since our arrival.


I have been trying to find some peace, quiet and tranquility.


It has been very difficult. 


The one thing I have been enjoying is the beautiful fall colours and mild weather...

 

I have been struggling with the question...what do you do when you spend years working towards something and when you arrive it is not quite what you were expecting. I may be experiencing a little of the "be careful what you wish for" blessing/curse. 


For now, I am practicing patience, perseverance and tolerance.

I am trying to appreciate the beauty that is around me and I have been focusing on my studies. As I am reminded daily by signs all around campus, I am living in a "Place of Mind"...


I have experienced many changes to my lifestyle since I have been here both good and bad all of which take some getting used to...

I'm not sure what the next few years will bring, but I find myself repeatedly thinking about the saying: that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger...


I am hoping for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment